The VerTex forming system couples the industry’s largest capacity with a revolutionary design for superior versatility, texture, and the lowest cost of ownership. VerTex1000 was designed to improve efficiency and sustainability by substantially reducing water usage and power consumption. As the world leading brand in forming, Formax® makes every feature count. These include our:
- Direct Drive Servo System that offers the industry’s highest output at drum speeds up to 30 RPM and rates up to 18,000 lbs (8180 kg) per hour. This unmatched level of capacity fully complements your ability to produce a wide range of products and lower costs through line consolidation, reduced maintenance and more.
- Dual Lobe Pump that protects your product’s original texture. Both the pump and the feed screw movement are operator controlled to prevent overworking, resulting in a better product texture your customers will enjoy! Portions can be as thin as .200” (5mm) and as thick as .750” (19mm) with front to back dimension of up to 6.00” (152.4mm) – providing all the versatility you need for whole muscle, ground, 3D contoured, large diameters, thin products and all mixes.
- Low Maintenance Rotary Drums maximize uptime and provide significant cost benefits compared to sintered metal forming products. VerTex drums utilize materials similar to those used on our slide plate forming systems. So they can be cleaned without special chemicals or cleaning stations – reducing capital expenses and lowering ownership costs.
- Servo Knock-Out System that facilitates accurate product placement and eliminates troublesome release issues, caused by plugged drums. It also does away with any requirements for additional systems, such as high volume air compressors.
- 15” Touch Screen Interface offering a full range of operating and diagnostic screens in multiple languages. Pivoting Product Hopper for the higher productivity and food safety Formax customers expect.
VerTex offers the capability to produce high quality, value-added products with Formax’s popular Tender-Form®, Port-Fill® and Verti-Form® filling systems and contoured True-Sculpt® tooling. This makes VerTex ideal for hamburgers, soy burgers, chicken nuggets, schnitzels and natural-looking whole muscle products, including chicken fillets, chicken selects, tenderloins, steaks and fish.