Effective Date: August 22, 2018
The following topics are covered below:
Personal Information We Collect About You
Provisur collects information about you when you interact with our Site, including when you enter your information in the Contact Us form. The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- IP address; and
- Information that you choose to provide when you submit comments or inquiries.
How We Protect Children’s Privacy
The Site is a general audience site and is not directed at or designed to be used by children under the age of 16. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that information.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect About You
We use the information we collect about you for a number of purposes, including to do the following:
Communicate With You
- Provide information about products and services that we offer, including sending promotional materials and other communications;
- Respond to your inquiries; and
- Deliver advertisements to you about products that may be of interest to you.
Manage and Improve Our Business Operations
- Operate and manage the Site;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, including by managing, enhancing, improving and analyzing our products, services, business and the performance and functioning of the Site;
- Develop new products and services based on our analysis of consumer preferences;
- Manage our communications and other internal functions;
- Enforce our agreements;
- Personalize and study how users use the Site so that we can give users a better online experience; and
- Assist our Sales and Marketing teams to perform their functions. Ensure a Secure Online Environment and Comply with Legal Requirements
- Protect against and detect fraud, abuse or other unlawful activity;
- Comply with all applicable laws and reporting obligations.
Opt-Out Policy. If you no longer want to receive marketing emails from us, please follow the “unsubscribe” or “opt out” instructions in the email you receive from us.
Analytics. We may use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on our Site. The analytics providers may use technologies such as cookies, web server logs, and web beacons to help us analyze visitors’ use of our Site so that we can enhance, expand and improve the content and functionality of the Site. The information collected through these technologies, including your IP address, may be disclosed to the analytics providers and other relevant third parties that use the information to analyze the use of the Site.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not collect personal data about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to our Site, and we do not alter our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal.
When We Share Your Personal Information
Provisur shares your information with third-party service providers who perform services and functions on our behalf in connection with our business operations, such as providing our products and services, processing your purchases, or communicating with you.
Provisur may share your information with third parties, including law enforcement authorities, where we determine that doing so is appropriate to:
- Protect Provisur’s property, services and legal rights;
- Prevent physical harm to the persons or property of others;
- Prevent fraud against Provisur and others;
- Support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- Comply with subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal processes, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators and courts;
- Comply with any and all applicable laws.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that can be stored on and accessed from your device when you visit our Site, to the extent that you consent. This allows our Site to distinguish your device from those of other users of the Site. You can find more information at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use the following types of cookies:
Session Cookies. Session cookies are temporary and are deleted from your device when your web browser closes. We use session cookies to help us track internet usage, as described above.
We may use the following types of cookies for the described purposes:
|Strictly Necessary/Technical||These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Site so you can access the Site as you have requested. These cookies, for example, let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access Site content. They also include cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Site.|
|Analytical/Performance||These cookies are used by us or our business partners to analyze how our Site is used and how they are performing. For example, these cookies track what pages are most frequently visited and from what locations our visitors arrive. If you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise register with our Site, these cookies may be correlated to you.|
|Functionality||These cookies let us operate our Site in accordance with the choices you make. These cookies permit us to “remember” you between visits. For instance, we will recognize your user name and remember how you customized our Site by, for example, adjusting text size, languages, fonts, and other parts of the Site that are alterable, and provide you with the same customizations during future visits to the Site.|
If you do not want cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your internet browser to reject the setting of all or some cookies and to alert you when a cookie is placed on your device. For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help,’ ‘tool,’ or ‘edit’ section or visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or part or certain functionalities of our Site.
If you want to remove previously-stored cookies, you can manually delete them at any time. However, this will not prevent our Site from placing cookies on your device in the future, unless and until you adjust your internet browser setting as described above.
In addition, you can find out how to control cookies by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by taking the following steps, depending on what browser you use:
On Microsoft Internet Explorer: Select Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings
On Google Chrome: Select Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Content Settings > Cookies
On Safari: Select Preferences > Privacy
If you are located in the EU or the U.K. we will obtain your consent before storing cookies on your browser. For more information about the development of user profiles and the use of targeting/advertising cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org, if you are located in the EU.
How We Protect Your Information
Provisur has implemented an information security program that contains administrative and technical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard information that can individually identify you.
How Long We Retain Your Information
Provisur will retain your personal information for as long as required to provide you with access to the Site and our services and for as long as necessary for the protection and pursuit of our legal rights and to fulfill obligations under laws applicable to our operations.
Links to Other Websites
Additional State- and Country-Specific Notices
The following additional notices apply to users located in the State of California, the EU and the U.K.
Notice to Residents of California
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), Provisur does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing use.
Notice to Individuals Located in the U.K. and European Union
Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information: We process personal information only when we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis we will rely on will be one of the following:
- You have consented to the processing of your personal information;
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or fulfil a request you have made;
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation that applies to Provisur; or
- The processing is necessary for purposes that are in Provisur’s legitimate interests, such as protecting the security of our Site, conducting market research to improve our products and services, improving the functioning of our Site, and providing you with promotional material about products.
If we intend to use personal information for a purpose other than the purpose for which we collected the information, we will provide you with information about this secondary purpose and any additional information necessary to ensure fair and transparent processing, before we engage in further processing.
Your Choice to Provide Information: You can choose not to provide personal information to Provisur by refraining from, among other things, using our services and requesting information. You also may refrain from submitting information directly to us. However, if you do not provide personal information when requested, we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our products and services, or with information about our products, services, promotions, and other opportunities.
Your Rights: You have certain rights regarding the personal information that we maintain about you, which in certain circumstances, you will be able to exercise. These rights are as follows:
- You may request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- If we maintain your information based on your consent or so that we could enter into a contract with you, you can also request that we provide you a copy of your data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. If your personal information is incorrect, you may request that we correct, amend, or delete personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You may request that we erase or restrict the processing of your personal information.
- You may object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances when we process your information for the purposes of our legitimate interests.
Subject to applicable law, we will comply with your request as soon as practicable, and in any event, within one month after receiving a valid request. If your request is particularly complicated, we may have to extend this period to 2 months. Any request to exercise these rights will be assessed in accordance with applicable law and there may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request. For example, we may reject requests that we determine are unreasonably repetitive or that risk the privacy of others. Access and correction may be done for free, unless requests are repetitive, excessive or unfounded, in which case we may charge you the administrative costs we have incurred handling the request.
Some of these rights can be exercised online via your account. For example, you can review, modify, and delete certain information relating to your use of our Site and unsubscribe to email messages. If you are unable to manage your request via your online account then please contact us at email@example.com.
Right to Opt Out of Marketing or Withdraw Consent: In addition, you may at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below.
Complaints: If you are unhappy or have concerns about the way in which we have handled your personal information, please contact us (see “How You Can Contact Us”) so that we can try to resolve the issue. We encourage you to get in touch with us first; however, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority.
How You Can Contact Us
222 North LaSalle Street, Suite 720
Chicago, IL 60601